Woo and hoo - fun times are ahead! Tempting times too - I don't know if I will be able to stick to my SFS 2009 rule of "no new stash". My buddy, MJ, and I are leaving tomorrow morning for an extraordinary needlepoint adventure. First stop is Woodlawn Plantation, site of an annual needlework show. (Jane of Chilly Hollow always does a great review of this show. Be on the lookout for that.) Our next stop is InStitches - a needlework shop (cross stitch, needlepoint and knitting) that is right up the road from Woodlawn. From there, we head northwest to find Northern VA's newest needlepoint shop, Waste Knot. We've never been to this shop but we have directions in hand to help us find it. Our final destination for Friday is Maryland. We will be spending the night outside of Baltimore so we can rest up for the biggest part of our adventure. We are going to Bedecked and Beadazzled on Saturday to take a class with Brenda Hart! How fun is that???!! We sent her our canvas choices several months ago so she could write stitch guides for us. I can't wait to see what stitches and threads she has picked out for my whimsical Halloween canvas.
For those of you who are counting - that is THREE needlepoint shops, a needlepoint show AND a class with Brenda Hart all within 2 days. Can you say needlepoint coma?!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Don't forget to stop at Needlewoman East which is about 5 miles from Waste Knot. You can't not stop when you are so close! The street address for NW East is on their website.
http://www.theneedlewomaneast.com/Welcome.html
Have fun. I don't know when I'll see Woodlawn but I'll remember to write my visit up for you.
Thanks Jane - I didn't realize that NW East was that close to Waste Knot.
I'm so jealous!!! Have a wonderful time! Jane
Post a Comment