Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Background choices


I mentioned in an earlier post that I wasn't happy with my choice of background colors for Day 1 of Kelly Clark's 12 Days of Christmas series. Prior to having PFOS write a stitch guide and pull threads for me, I had chosen a lovely shade of green as the background. It was a Vineyard Silk called Bog and it really is a lovely color (see the thread on the left ). Only problem is that it doesn't play well with the threads that PFOS has me using in the body of the canvas. Time to move to Plan B. While on our road trip this weekend, I checked out additional Vineyard Silk colors and came up with one I really like. It is called Natural and is shown on the right side of the picture.


This is what it looks like on the canvas. It can best be described as somewhere between a white and a natural muslin color. It has a lovely sheen to it and is making the PFOS threads pop off the canvas. I am very pleased. Hope you like it.

I had a very special treat today. I got an e-mail from Kelly Clark - her.very.self (to quote Coni at Spinster Stitcher). She has given me permission to blog about her Santa canvases and the 12 Days of Christmas series. Many many thanks, Kelly. I will try to stitch the canvases as beautifully as you have designed them.

No comments: