Friday, February 13, 2009

My happy place


Sunny - 71 degrees - shorts - t-shirt - barefeet - sand between my toes. AAAAHHHH! I am in my happy place.
We are visiting my parents for the long weekend. They leave the cold of the Mid Atlantic every February for points further south. They spend the entire month in a condo that overlooks this wonderful scene. This picture was taken from the balcony of their condo at about 9 a.m. this morning. I spent most of the day sitting on the balcony reading and just staring off at this amazing site. I LOVE the beach. The ebb and the flow of the tides just soothes my soul. This is truly where I am the most calm and happy.
I did manage to push myself off the balcony and down onto the beach for a 3 mile walk. I don't know what it is about the beach. It makes exercising so much easier. I often tell my husband that I would be thinner and more fit if I could only live at the beach.
Tomorrow my cousins are coming down for dinner. They live about 60 miles away and are making a special trip down just to visit with us. I can't wait to see them. It has been way too long.
No stitching has been done since we arrived. Maybe later tonight. If not, there is always tomorrow.
Happy Friday everyone.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Hi Kelly,

That is a beautiful picture and it looks wonderful!

Think of us up here in the mid-Atlantic. We're getting rain and snow flurries tonight! And that's after the 50mph winds earlier this week. Sigh...

But it won't be long before we are complaining about the heat! LOL!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow