Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happiness is a box full of threads and stitch guides



This box of goodness was on my doorstep when I got home from work today. PFOS has worked their magic on my Kelly Clark 12 Days of Christmas series. You may remember that I sent my canvases to them with a plea for help. I just couldn't figure out what to do with these gorgeous canvases. They have created 12 stitch guides and pulled threads for all of them. I wish you all could be here to open each bag and see what fun things are inside. The stitch guides are creative and look like they will be lots of fun to stitch. The threads are incredible. LOTS of silk - vineyard silk, needlepoint inc silk, splendor, tribizond - just to name a few. Lots of velvet, lots of metallic, etc. I also have threads that are totally new to me. I have varigated silk n colors, a varigated gumnut yarn called stars, baroque silk and DMC linen. I've never even seen these guys before.

I am so excited about these goodies that I really want to put canvas #1 on the stretcher bars and start on it right away. I am, however, going to show some restraint and wait. I MUST finish the December Santa before I start anything new. I know what would happen if I started something new. December Santa would never be finished. He would end up in a box with my other WIP's . I can't let that happen. I MUST finish him first. I don't have that much further to go. I have been working on the background and am about half way finished with that. Once that is finished, I only have his beard and the fur on his robe to do. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

Hi Kelly, Believe it or not I am as excited as you. I've made it well know how I feel about PFOS, enjoying it so much that my daughter takes me to Lubbock for an annual spree during their Christmas in July sale. I really look forward to that....Road Trip! Car Snacks!.....never mind I don't actually NEED anything.

On one such excursion we signed up for the Cozy Toes monthly series. Like most stitchers I enjoy doing a variety of projects, but the Cozy Toes were so adorable I wanted to fit them into my repetoire, aka, cavalcade of canvases. So I decided that I would do the first 6 one year (one every other month) and the second 6 the next year...which happens to be this year; reminding me I have until the end of February to get the first one done.

I love the Kelly Clark canvases and can't wait until you get started. I totally understand why finishing the December Santa is a priority and with the incentives that arrived in the mail yesterday, you'll be finishing it in no time at all. Have fun and thanks for sharing your box of goodness! Madonna

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your annual jaunts to PFOS. Unfortunately it is a bit of a hike from VA to Lubbock. Stay tuned. Thanks for sharing in my excitement.

kmack said...

Hi Kelly,
I drove from midland to amarillo yesterday, and guess what is about half way in between??? PFOS! I needed a Mandarin floss in a different shade and since our Midland shop doesn't carry it, and since you have been posting about how wonderful PFOS is, I decided to stop by. Now you will REALLY be jealous, because Lubbock is less than 2 hrs from my home.

I took the opportunity to tell them I have been reading the blog of a stitcher in VA (actually i said i have a new internet friend, but then i had to backtrack and explain...(I have some internet "friends" who don't know me really...lol!!!(right, Jane?))).... who is SO complimentary of their shop. They said it must be "Kelly ----" they knew exactly who I was talkiing about!

I couldn't believe all the threads they carry!! their stitched store samples are so much better in person than what I had seen online. I AM DEFINITELY GOING TO BE GOING BACK.

I stitched their first series of the twelve days of Christmas back in the 80s. I am just returning to stitching after a long break.

Stitch alot!!!!!!!!!! OK? I can't wait to see your new series!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Kathy - I am SO jealous. An actual trip to PFOS! Pretty funny that they knew that you were talking about me. I do purchase alot of things from them and they do all of my finishing. Great folks to do business with.

Cyn said...

Hi Kelly,

Oh I'm excited also as I love getting a box from PFOS!!! They do such a great job!

I'm jealous that Madonna and Kath get to visit the actual shop! I'm going to go over and quietly pout in the corner... Okay, I'm done! Hmmm... maybe I can convince DH one day to take a trip across the country so that we can visit lot's of LNS's! As long as there are golf courses nearby, he'll be fine! :-)

I'm looking forward to watching you stitch these designs!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow