Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just a little bit more background

I am almost finished with the background. My old tired eyeballs are having a tough time with the black on black. I've used my best stitching light but it still has been hard to see. I think the biggest problem is that I am working on this at night when I am tired. At any rate, I only have to finish that small section on the right side of the candy cane and the section under his arm. I am pleased with the way the black background makes the rest of the canvas POP. Once the background is finished, then I can move on to the white fur on his robe and his beard. I know it seems like it is taking me forever to finish this guy. Remember, I am not a fast stitcher and I can't always find time to stitch every day.

Quite honestly, I am ready to work on something else. He has been great fun, but 6 weeks of working on the same project, without working on anything else, has been tough.

We are taking a short vacation later this week. Hopefully I can get this guy finished then.

1 comment:

Jane said...

YEA!! He looks great. I"ll look forward to stitching him myself!!