Woo and hoo - we made it through January! One step closer to Spring. It is an unusually warm 60 degrees outside today. The sun is shining and if you can find a spot out of the brisk north wind, it is nice enough to be outside for awhile. I've taken a walkabout in the yard to see what is happening in the gardens. A few tiny green sprouts of bulb foliage are poking through the leaf mulch on the edge of the woods. They offer a promise of pretty flowers in the Spring. While outside, I refilled the bird feeders AGAIN. (The birds are emptying them as fast as I can fill them!) I even sat on the steps of the deck in the sunshine for a few minutes. I thought about getting my pruning shears out for a bit of winter clean up but decided that it really was too early for that. This lovely day is just a teaser. I know there is LOTS more winter weather lurking out there on the horizon. Phooey!
Back inside, I am celebrating the first day of February by changing the pillow in the rocking chair. In honor of Valentine's Day, I have chosen a DeElda heart. Her canvases are always bright and cheery and great fun to stitch. I stitched this one a couple of years ago.
Several of you have asked for a picture of my "ever changing chair", so here it is. It isn't fancy by any means, but it is one of my favorite pieces of furniture in the house. This chair has rocked me through alot of happy and sad times. Let me run - it's time to start thinking about Super Bowl food. I wish everyone happy stitching while you are cheering on your favorite team. Enjoy those crazy commercials.

No comments:
Post a Comment