I don't know what happened but a whole week has flown by since my last post. Our vacation was great and the trip home was, thankfully, uneventful. As many of you know, the down side of taking a vacation is the pile of things awaiting you when you return to home/work. It has been a crazy busy week. Most of that is behind me so I am back to stitching.
Yesterday, MJ and our friend B, arrived on my front porch with lunch, chocolate and stitching bags. WOOHOO! After a great lunch and dessert, we all picked our stitching spots and got down to business. B was doing the binding stitch on a belt. MJ was working on the first of a series of Kelly Clark baskets that she signed up for last summer. I had not officially committed to my next project yet, so I sat and pondered a few minutes. I finally picked up Day 1 of the Kelly Clark 12 Days of Christmas. This is really stitching up quickly. I have completed the tree trunk and branches, the pears, the partridge and most of the leaves. So far, I have been following PFOS's stitch guide, but I see a change in the near future. They didn't recommend any metallics. I've got to have some glitz somewhere! I'm thinking about changing the ribbon from Very Velvet to something sparkly. I have enjoyed using the threads that they sent with the stitch guide. I had not used much Needlepoint Inc silk prior to this project. I am stitching the leaves in 2 shades of it. The pears were done in Thread Gatherer's Silk and Colors. The colorway is called Lion Fish (don't you love that!!) and is a varigated thread. I've never used this thread but I really like it. The varigation in the thread is very subtle and it makes the pears look three dimensional. Not only is it pretty, but it is SO much better than having to shade each pear.
It is cold and dreary today. We had snow showers a few minutes ago. Blah! I think I will go sit by the fireplace and stitch for awhile. Happy Sunday.

No comments:
Post a Comment