Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Widget Won't Work

I have always enjoyed the neocounters on other people's blogs. If you aren't familiar with them, they are little counters/trackers that will tell you where your blog visitors come from. You can choose from several versions - either by city or by country, etc. Technically these little guys are called widgets. Recently, I found a free neocounter online. I was so proud of myself for figuring out how to download/upload it to Ortville. As it started to track visitors, I was fascinated by all the cities it was showing. I couldn't believe so many people from so many places were visiting my blog. It is very addicting to watch. Now, for some unknown reason, my widget is wacky. First it magically changed from tracking by city to tracking by country. Then it just stopped doing anything. Phooeey. I really was having a great time watching the number of visitors grow and the list of cities get longer and longer. Maybe just maybe, widget will get well on it's own and start counting again. Keep your fingers crossed. Otherwise, I may need to call in the paramedics.

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Looks like it is working again. I've had this happen (but not with Neo Counters). Stuff happens with these gadgets and since they are third party and not really from Blogspot/Google, they don't always work correctly.

Jane, waving from iced in CH where Mysteries of the Computer happen weekly

Front Range Stitcher said...

Sorry you were having widgy trouble. I had a free counter and every night about 10pm it would go blank. All but the frame with the word Widget. Not to return until morning. Weird. I thought that was the price of the free widget. My neo counter is also free but it doesn't have any "issues" at all. Some of the counters give a lot more details than others; mine just counts and tells which country has visited. Cool.

Cyn said...

Hi Kelly,

LOL about calling in the Widget paramedics!

I gave up on those a while ago as I'm not sure how reliable they actually are and I don't want to have to spend a lot of time at night fixing issues with computers as that's what I do all day! Though they are fun. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow