Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The ever changing chair


Many years ago, when dinosaurs still roamed the earth, my parents gave me a wonderful rocking chair. This chair was my first piece of "grown up" furniture and it was bought for my very first apartment. It has moved many times to bigger and better places over the years. It currently lives in our living room and is still one of my favorite pieces of furniture. Within the last few years, I've started adding pillows to the rocking chair. I don't think I ever purposefully decided that it would become a place for my "seasonal" needlepoint, but it seems to have morphed into just that. During the holidays, it had 2 Christmas pillows in it. Now that winter has officially arrived in VA, the snowman pillow has taken the seat of honor. This was a tiny canvas that I stitched a couple of years ago. PFOS (Pocket Full of Stitches) worked their magic on the finishing.

4 comments:

Jane said...

He's cute. I agree. PFOS does a great job finishing! Picture of the chair, please??

Anonymous said...

I will take a picture of the chair soon. Thanks for asking!

Cyn said...

Hi Kelly,

I'm laughing at the "Every Changing Chair" as I'm now picturing a chair changing into an elephant, a vase, a cat, etc...

We need a picture of the chair. Please???

The snowman pillow if very cute!

Okay, I know it's late and I'm tired! :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow



Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Anonymous said...

Cynthia, you are too funny. Now I am visualizing an elephant in my living room! :-)