Sunday, January 25, 2009

Santa is coming along

I know, I know - no pictures. Sorry. I've been so busy stitching that I haven't taken any pictures. I promise I will take some this week. Santa's outer robe is finished. I used a Vineyard Silk called lipstick for the outer robe. My stitch of choice - after many attempts and alot of ripping out - was diagonal mosiac. I am pleased with the look. I started on the background right before dinner and hope to get a bit more stitching in before I call it a night. Like everything else, I decided that I didn't like the thread nor the stitch chosen for the background. I am not a fan of open canvas so I have a really hard time when an open stitch or a thin thread is recommended. I tried to do what they suggested but I just didn't like it. I guess I had changed so many other threads and stitches on this canvas that it just didn't work. Right now I am using jet black Vineyard Silk and am just basketweaving. I like the sheen of the thread. The jet black color is so rich that it really is making the other threads POP off the canvas. I hope you will like it too.

Have a good week everyone. Hope it is filled with many stitching opportunities.

No comments: