Saturday, January 3, 2009

SFS - 2009

Let me tell you a bit about our written contract. The goal is to stitch as many needlepoint canvases as humanly possible. *** The canvases MUST come from our stash. No new canvases can be added to our stash for the entire year UNLESS they are acquired for a class or convention (aka needlepoint camp). Threads may be purchased for the sole purpose of stitching on stash items. A minimum of 4 hours per week must be dedicated to stitching. Progress reports are due monthly and must be reviewed by the Goddess of Rules. We each chose a friend to be our needlepoint police and motivator. I am probably going to break the rules more often than MJ so I have actually chosen 2 Goddesses of Rules. The first GOR is one of MJ's co-workers whom I have never met. The other is my buddy Jane. I am hopeful that the 2 of them will be able to keep me out of trouble. Details about my choices and my progress will follow in future posts. Pictures will also be added to this blog as soon as I figure out how to do that. :-)

*** - I am a very slow stitcher so I have chosen 8 canvases to finish by the end of the year. MJ on the other hand is an uber stitcher and has decided that she will finish 24 canvases!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Hey, girl. How FUN! Welcome to the blogosphere! Looking forward to watching your stitching.

Kelly said...

You've set the blogging standard very high - hope I can keep up. :-)

Beth in IL said...

I like your idea of having a GOR and someone to be accountable to. It is so ealy to add stash and never see any progress.