Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Finished Object!!



I did the happy dance over this canvas between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Officially it can't be counted in the SFS 2009 countdown, but I thought you might like to see it. The canvas is by Needle Crossings and was great fun to stitch. I pulled out all the stops on this one and did it all in Fyre Werks, Neon Rays + (plus) and Krienik. It is overloaded with glitz but I just love it. I think I will send it to PFOS and ask them to make it into pillow for the ever changing chair. Their pillow finisher is just amazing. I've given her (?) total freedom on most of my pillows and she has never failed me. I always ask for the most fun and funky options. I would never consider using some of her color combinations and trim choices on my own, but they always turn out perfectly. I will be showing you more of her magic in future posts.
Okay, I've gotten carried away and added THREE new posts tonight. Don't get used to it! I doubt it will ever happen again. I just didn't want you to get bored and think I only worked on Santas and Christmas items. :-)
Happy stitching everyone.

6 comments:

Jane said...

What is the background thread? I love that color!!

Anonymous said...

It is Fyre Werks. I will check the color number when I get home tonight and let you know. It really is a wonderful color.

Front Range Stitcher said...

Beautiful finish. Looking forward to seeing what PFOS does with this piece. Thanks for the tip on their finisher, I too love their shop and am always in awe of the finished models.

Cyn said...

Hi Kelly,

Three posts in one night... Wahoo!!!

I'm also curious to see what PFOS does with this design. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

NCPat said...

This is so sparkly and wonderful! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Thanks NCPat. Those glitzy threads can make anything look pretty.