Monday, January 26, 2009

As promised

As promised, here is a picture of the December Kelly Clark Santa. As you can see, I've made a bit of progress since my last picture. I need to finish the background and add the green french knots to the red border on the bottom. Once that is done, then I can stitch all the white parts - his beard, the toy's beard and the trim on his robe. For you uber stitchers, it probably seems like it is taking me forever to stitch this canvas - but truth be told - this is really fast for me. I'm lucky if I can get a canvas finished every 2 or 3 months. I've been trying to stitch several times a week after dinner. I've also been meeting MJ for stitching sessions on the weekends. This past weekend, I also got together with TB for an additional stitching session. She is quilting while I needlepoint. I don't know if I can keep this steady pace up for the entire year, but so far SFS 2009 is working. I suspect that once Spring gets here and my garden starts to call my name, the progress will slow down. In the meantime, cold winter nights have made it easier to stay focused on my goals. Okay folks, it is bedtime and I am one sleepy girl.
Happy stitching and to all a good night.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I love the glittery threads you're using! He looks great. Jane

Front Range Stitcher said...

Hi Kelly,
I think you're making great progaress and I like everything you've done so far. It is time consuming but as long as we are enjoying it, there's no need to be in a rush.
Madonna

Cyn said...

Hi Kelly,

I've been reading though I haven't been able to keep up with commenting! :-)

The Santa is looking great!

And yes, I know I owe you an email. :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow