If you have watched the weather channel this weekend or live anywhere near Ortville, then you know that a n'oreaster slammed into us. It started here on Friday night around 5 and ended 24 hours later. By the time all was said and done, we had 14.5 inches of snow on the back deck. It is lovely to look at and it was nice to be forced to stay home for awhile. I cooked, I stitched, I sat by the fire, I cleaned out a closet and I tried to help Marley (our 13 year old Aussie) get around in the yard.


Today was a whole 'nother thing. We had to dig out of our driveway and our neighborhood - nary a sand truck or snow plow in sight. We drove over to my Mom's house. I picked her up and took her to see Dad while my dear sweet husband dug out her car, cleared her sidewalk, and cleared a path from the back door to the garage can, etc. The man is a saint - I'm just saying. Tomorrow, I have to finish Christmas shopping. Too bad I have to work tomorrow!! I could use a few free hours to get it all finished.
Today was a whole 'nother thing. We had to dig out of our driveway and our neighborhood - nary a sand truck or snow plow in sight. We drove over to my Mom's house. I picked her up and took her to see Dad while my dear sweet husband dug out her car, cleared her sidewalk, and cleared a path from the back door to the garage can, etc. The man is a saint - I'm just saying. Tomorrow, I have to finish Christmas shopping. Too bad I have to work tomorrow!! I could use a few free hours to get it all finished.
We haven't had a white Christmas here in Ortville in MANY years. Since the temps aren't supposed to get above 35' during the day and only into the teens at night - I think the snow will be sticking around for awhile.
Hope you all are doing well. Hey, Jane of Chilly Hollow - are you still digging out? I thought about you as I watched the snow pile up.

3 comments:
I'm fine, Kelly. We were as prepared as you can get for 18-14 inches of snow, depending on where you measure.
I keep telling myself I'll lose weight shoveling snow....
Jane, sighing in CH
So glad you are doing okay. I was hoping for that weight loss thing too as I was shoveling. Not sure it worked though....I was starving by the time I got back into the house!
:-)
Hi Kelly,
We had over 17" for that storm! Wow!!!
We did have a white Christmas as the ground was still white but it quickly melted with the warm temperatures that weekend. I missed seeing the white ground! :-)
Cynthia
Windy Meadow
Post a Comment