I am still here. I am still trying to figure out my new crazy schedule of working full time, stopping to see Dad on my way home, checking in on Mom on my way home, fixing dinner and spending time with my saint of a husband, doing laundry, cleaning house, running errands............and then going to bed just to do it ALL over again tomorrow. Makes me tired just writing about it.
I am stitching a little again (woohoo!). I have tried to stitch at least an hour every other day. That allows me to get in a stitchy fix and not overtax my hand. So far so good. Tooth fairy pillow is coming along. Have about 2/3rds of the background left to go. Lucky for me, her shower has been moved to February which gives me more time to get this thing done and to the finsher. Woohoo. My new goal to have it all stitched is Dec. 15th.
I am going to take down my Halloween decorations this weekend and consider replacing them with some Christmas decorations. (see first paragraph for explanation of why I STILL have Halloween decorations in my house and on my front porch). We have decided to do a very low key Christmas this year. I will put up 3 tiny trees (all less than 4 feet tall) and leave the big tree in the attic. We aren't home much these days and we will spend most of the Christmas holiday at the nursing home.
I am going to the nursing home tomorrow to decorate Dad's room for Christmas. I've made him a festive and sparkly wreath. I found a sweet 1 foot tall tree all decked out with lights. I will add red and green ornaments to that tomorrow once I get there. I've got some faux pine garland that I will put around his bulletin board and then add some festive things to the middle of the board. He spends alot of time laying in the bed looking around the room so I am trying to give him something different to look at every 30 days or so.
I am going to get to the post office to mail my nieces their "study for exams" care packages tomorrow. If I don't do it tomorrow, then there isn't any point in doing it. Exams will be over and they will be home from college for the holidays. I am going to the post office......I am going to the post office before it closes!!!!! If I don't - then I have alot of crunchy munchy and hot chocolate to consume.
I am going to sit down and rest for a few minutes this weekend. Don't know when nor how I am going to accomplish that - but I AM going to do it. Really.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Kelly, honey, I do feel for you. Been there, done that, and it is not easy. If you have siblings, church friends of your parents', neighbors, anybody, ask them for help. The only way we got through having a father in a coma for three years was by leaning on each other and helping each other. I highly recommend scheduled exercise as well. And don't forget to do something just for yourself once a week at least. (And I'm not talking about taking a shower!)
Thanks Jane. I know a lot of folks are in the same situation. I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that with your father. I don't have siblings but do have a great support system. I have begun to try to do something special just for me each week. Only on week 2 so far, but it does help. Thanks for reminding me of that important item. I admit, I have let the excercise go by the wayside and I can really tell. Thanks to you, I will be more mindful of all of those things. Thanks girlfriend! You are the best.
Post a Comment