Knock - knock - are you still out there? Have you given up completely on Ortville? Did you think I had run away? Actually I wish I could run away for a few minutes. Dad fell AGAIN over the holiday weekend and fractured his skull. As terrible as that sounds, he is one lucky man. He doesn't seem to have any brain damage as a result of the fall but is black and blue from head to toe. We've spent all this week in the hospital trying to determine what is causing all of this and trying to figure out how to fix it. The jury is still out on why. We moved him to a rehab facility yesterday so things are beginning to look up a bit.
On a stitchy note - I did manage to do a bit of background work on the tropical tree canvas while I sat in Dad's hospital room. I will take a picture soon.
Remember the tooth fairy pillow for my dear nephew and his lovely wife? Well guess what! I now have to do another one! My other dear nephew and his wife are expecting their first child in March. Woohoo. My dear friends MJ and E did ALOT of searching for the perfect pillow while at ANG seminar last week. Thanks ladies!!! They came home with the cutest little frog pillow. I will also add a picture of that soon.
Gotta run. I promised Dad I would come by rehab and have lunch with him today.
Please send healing thoughts this way. We need all the positive vibes we can get at this point. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi,
I send my best wishes to your folks, but I also send my best wishes to you. It sounds like you are the main care-giver, etc. If not, this still applies to all care givers of aging relatives. Have a good sense of humor. I have taken care of two relatives and found that this is the only way to get through the day. For instance, one relative could see "Ma" and Ma had been dead about 100 years, give or take. Her live-in was superstitious and didn't want to stay, so I told the live-in that it was alright, as Ma was a good spirit. We called the live-in St. Cecilia after that and it always brought a chuckle to us.
Hang in there.
Another stitcher.
Thanks so much for your kind words. You are so right. A bit of a laugh helps ease the stress. Thanks for reading my blog and for commenting. I loved the St. Cecilia story.
Hi Kelly,
So sorry to see that your Dad has been having some health issues.
I've been thinking of you and wishing you and your family well!
Cynthia
Windy Meadow
Post a Comment