Monday, August 31, 2009

Craziness has taken over my life

Just when you think you will settle into a "normal" routine, life gets crazy. Like many of you, we have been dealing with aging parents (aka "the rents") and their situations. We had a good streak going there for awhile, but then things got crazy again. Dad fell last week and broke 3 ribs. He is so uncomfortable and very frustrated. Mom is back in her caregiver mode and I am trying to help them both. All of that is a long way of saying that I'm still here, but just not very bloggy.

We did manage to get out of town for 36 hours this weekend. My dear husband ran in the Annapolis 10 Mile race on Sunday morning. He loves the course and has run it for the last 5 years or so. He is training for our local marathon and likes to run a few organized races during his training to help keep his competitive mojo going. (FYI - The winner of the race ran it in 49.39. Yes, you read it right - 49 MINUTES and 39 SECONDS to run 10 miles on a very hilly course.) Insane.

I have worked a little on the Viola Tropical Tree. It is a fun canvas to stitch and I am pleased with my progress so far. I will post a picture soon.

No comments: