Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Project


I actually took the first 10 stitches in this canvas back in May. Jane and I were in Philadelphia and I started working on it there. Then I put it aside to do the tooth fairy pillow***. When I was packing for our vacation, I remembered that this one was ready to go. It was already on stretcher bars and kitted up with threads. It is another canvas by Viola! and I think it is just a hoot. The pink "leopard" print just cracks me up. The picture doesn't really show what I have done, but I have stitched the dark and light pink in 2 of the 4 corners. I've also stitched the dark pink in the bottom right corner. Once the pink in the corners is finished, I will work on the tree and the turquoise background. The white in the corners will be done last.
**** I promise I will post a picture of the finished tooth fairy pillow after the shower. Some family members have been known to visit Ortville and I don't want to ruin the surprise. I'm okay with them knowing what I've done. I just don't want them to see it before she does. I knew you would understand. :-)

No comments: