The crab canvas from Viola is finished!! Woo and Hoo! The top border seemed to take FORever. I finished it this afternoon and will send it off to PFOS for finishing soon. I hope they do something spectacular and over the top with this one.
Since it was a rainy, cool day here in Ortville, I kept right on stitching. I started the tooth fairy pillow that I showed you in the last post. I forgot to take pictures of my progress. Sorry. I'll post pics later this week. The two scoops of ice cream are stitched and I have started on the cone. So far it is a quick stitch, which is a good thing. I need to have this puppy stitched and to the finishers ASAP. I am co-hosting a baby shower for the mother-to-be (my niece) in early October and the pillow HAS to be ready to present to her at the shower.
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. We went to visit friends at their river house yesterday. In addition to a day of sailing, sunning and visiting, we had a picnic. I contributed 2 dishes from my favorite television chef - The Barefoot Contessa. The first one was her sagaponack corn pudding. This is one of my go to dishes and it hasn't failed me yet. The second dish was her zucchini gratin. I had never tried it before but boy am I glad I did. Oh my! It was fabulous. You should give it try if you are like me and have an abundance of zucchini.

1 comment:
Hi Kelly,
Congratulations on another finish!
Wahoo!!!
Cynthia
Windy Meadow
Post a Comment