HELLO???????!!!!! Are you out there? Have you given up on me completely? I would not be surprised if you answered with a resounding YES! If nothing new happens here - then why bother?
Well, two miracles have happened in Ortville this week. First of all, I have been able to sit down and actually put needle to canvas this week. Yes, Orts fans.....I have stitched and I enjoyed it!! (Of course, the fact that most of the stitching was done in hospitals and dr's. offices is a whole different story. My Mom is having some issues now and we have been in test mode all week. Surgery will be next - but that is a story for another day. Dad is hanging in there - thanks for asking). I decided last weekend that I would put a new canvas on the stretcher bars just to perk me up and to give me something fun to work on this week while I waited for Mom. It is a lovely geometric that I found when I went to Threads in Charlottesville several weeks ago with my friend MJ. I normally am not drawn to geometrics, but this one spoke to me. It has been a great distraction for me. Pictures?? You want pictures?? Maybe in the next post. We can't have but so many miracles at one time. :-)
The second miracle is that I remembered my username and password to the blog! It has been so long since I posted anything that I wasn't sure I would even remember how. I will try to do better. No promises. I'm stretched a little thin theses days. Anyone have a sibling they want to lend me??
Happy Friday everyone - I think I am going to curl up in a corner of the sofa and stitch for awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We're still here. Sorry your parents are having health issues almost simultaneously. When that happened to my family, my brothers and I really leaned on each other, on cousins, neighbors, my parents' friends from church, etc. So ask everyone you know to do something specific to help out. They are dying to help but don't know how to ask or what you need.
And keep stitching. It keeps me sane and it will keep you sane, too.
Hang in there.
Jane, waving from Chilly Hollow
Thanks Jane for your wonderful advice. I am lucky - I have wonderful cousins and friends who have been very helpful.
I stitched for several hours last night and it did me a world of good. My goal is to do some sanity stitching every day.
Waving back at you!
Post a Comment