Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Where have I been?

I can't believe it has been so long since I last added a post to the blog.  Life continues to be crazy due to family health issues.  I wish it were different, but it is what it is. My parents are hanging in there so I am thankful for that. 

So.......where have I have I been and what have I been doing when I am not in daughter mode? 

Two weekends ago, my sweet husband decided that I needed a break and helped me run away from home.  We drove up to northern VA and spent a long weekend in the DC area.   We parked the car when we arrived at the hotel and didn't move it for 3 days.  Our hotel was directly across the street from a metro station so we took full advantage of that mode of transportation.  We went to 4 museums, walked the National Mall, sat on the steps of the Capital, ate well and drank a few glasses of wine.   And I rested ~ I stitched alittle ~ I read a book on my Kindle ~ and ~ even took a nap on Sunday afternoon. It was a fabulous weekend. I came back with my soul restored.

Last Saturday, I ran away again!  My buddies MJ and B and E (who came in from Houston to help us play) and I drove up to Woodlawn to see the needlework exhibit.  I won't go into detail about it since others have already blogged about it.  It was a lovely show with more entries than in past years.  I do wish there had been more needlepoint on display but that's just me. We then headed off to lunch and 2 needlepoint stores where we found new canvases, new threads and new accessories for our stitching.   I had a liberating moment with one of the new canvases.  I will tell you all about it in a later post. I want to take a picture of it first so you will be able to see what I am talking about.  With our bags bulging with new treats, we headed south in the pouring rain.  A fun dinner out topped off the day.  Thanks ladies.....I had a great time with you all.

We are finally beginning to see signs of spring here in Ortville.  A daffodil here - a crocus there.  Maybe I can get outside in my yard this weekend.  My roses need pruning, the winter debris needs raking, etc.  I bought pansies, last fall, on the day before my Dad got sick.  They are still sitting in a cardboard box on my deck (!!).  Even after 3 feet of snow and bitter cold temperatures, they are blooming happily in the box.   I think I will try to put them in pots on the deck this weekend.  What a novel idea!

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone.  Hope you are wearing or stitching on something green today.

No comments: