MJ and I slugged our way up I95 through summer vacation travel traffic and pouring rain to visit Waste Knot in northern VA yesterday. We each took canvases from our stash so we could pull threads. We particularly were interested in the new Vineyard Wool. I've never stitched with it but it got rave reviews from folks in the shop. The colors are great and the feel of the wool is soft and lush. Not at all scratchy or itchy like traditional wools. I will give you all the details of our shopping trip in a later post. It was a wonderful day spent playing with threads, looking at new canvases and sharing a day with a buddy. We both came home with lots of enthusiasm for projects old and new.
Prior to heading north yesterday, I stopped in at my Farmer's Market. These are the flowers for this week. I got them from a new vendor who says she "just grows flowers in my pasture"!!! They were the most incredible flowers I have ever seen. I walked around and picked stems from several of her buckets. This is by NO means all the choices she had - just the ones that struck my fancy at 8:00 on a Saturday morning.

2 comments:
Hi Kelly,
Love the progress on your crabby project!
I know I owe you an email. Day camp and school are finally over so now I'm playing catch up! :-)
Cynthia
Windy Meadow
Thanks Cynthia! No worries about the e-mail. I know where to find you :-) Hope all went well with the end of school and camp.
Post a Comment