
I haven't had much time to work on this - in fact I haven't had much time to do much of anything lately. For the last 2 months, when I'm not at work, I've been helping my Mom get ready for a move to a retirement community. She moves in a couple of weeks. Dad will be transferred from his current location to the health care unit in the same community once she gets settled in. It has been quite the adventure sorting through their house. They've lived in this house for 50 years and it holds lots of memories. Mom has done amazingly well with all this change. First she had to deal with Dad being sick, then deciding that she needed to move, finding a place she liked and then getting ready for the move. Dad is improving in his current location but is VERY frustrated that he can't help Mom with the move. Hopefully by the end of February they both will be in the same facility. She will be able to walk down the hall to visit with him instead of getting in the car and driving to see him 2-3 times a day. That will truly be a blessing.
ANYWAY - this is supposed to be a stitching blog. So, let's talk stitching!
The first picture is the top left corner of the canvas. I've done the green curly que thingy but have not finished the white section yet.

The picture above gives you a close up look at the border that Ruth had us do on the entire canvas. It took forever for me to get it all done due to the lack of time to stitch but I love the results.

This shows the whole canvas with all the borders finished. I hope to work on it some more tonight.
We are in the middle of blizzard - 11 inches of snow on the ground and it is still snowing so hard I can't see the house across the street. We are supposed to get 10 -15 more hours of this. As soon as I post this - I am going to start testing recipes for next week's baby shower. I am trying a baked french toast that you make the night before and bake off in the morning. I also am looking at an eggs florentine casserole. The shower is set for 10 AM so I am doing brunch food. I will let you know what recipes make the cut. At least the house will smell yummy.
Happy snowy stitchy Saturday.
3 comments:
If you have access to American Test Kitchen recipes, they have a French toast casserole that will knock your socks off. If you need the recipe, I will be glad to share with you.
Thanks so much for the lead on the french toast recipe. I will check to see if they have it on the website. If not, I will take you up on your sweet offer to share.
Hi Kelly,
Merry Christmas is very colorful and your making great progress!
Thinking of you as you help your parents. {{{Hugs}}}
Cynthia
Windy Meadow
Post a Comment